During this course you will be asked to take a Pre-Assessment for this course. Following the course you will be need to go into your My Learning to take a Post-Assessment to complete the course and receive your certificate.
Upon completion of the continuing education
program, early care and education providers will be knowledgeable in:
A. U.S. and Oklahoma infant mortality rate
1. Racial disparities
B. The risk factors of
1. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS); and
2. Preventable infant sleep related deaths
C. The critical risk-reduction and prevention messages for parents and caregivers.
1. Four barriers to back sleeping
2. The early care and education provider role as an educator to parents and peers about infant sleep safety
3. Ways that early care and education providers can effectively communicate infant sleep safety messages to parents and caregivers
4. Elements of an early care and education program infant safe sleep policy
Are you new to OK TRAIN?
To get started, read NAVIGATING OK TRAIN, a step-by-step guide to some of the common tasks associated with using OK TRAIN as well as helping others set up a new account. This presentation can be found on the home page under "Announcements".
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu