During this course you will be asked to take a Pre-Assessment for this course. Following the course you will be need to go into your "My Learning" and click on the "M" and complete the course by taking a Post-Assessment. You will then receive your certificate.
Upon completion of the continuing education
program, nurses will be able to:
Define etiology and epidemiology of U.S. and Oklahoma infant mortality rate
* Racial disparities
Define etiology, epidemiology and risk factors of :
* Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
* Preventable infant sleep related
deathsList the critical risk-reduction and prevention messages for parents and caregivers.
* Four barriers to back sleeping
* Describe nurses’ key role as educators to parents, caregivers and peers about infant sleep safety
* Describe ways that nurses can effectively communicate infant sleep safety messages to parents and caregivers* Identify elements of a hospital infant safe sleep policy
“Are you new to OK TRAIN?
To get started, read NAVIGATING OK TRAIN, a step-by-step guide to some of the common tasks associated with using OK TRAIN as well as helping others set up a new account. This presentation can be found on the home page under "Announcements".
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu”